A think-tank of theology, politics and random nonsense.
Friday, April 10, 2009
The End of Christianity?
I'm in a rush writing this but I hear Jon Meacham discussing his latest - fantastic - article on religion and Christianity in America: http://www.newsweek.com/id/192583?GT1=43002.
Also, watch statements by Obama that some consider to be fairly inflammatory while he was in Turkey (fast forward to 3:40):
The conservatives who are bent on the mythologizing the nations history by calling it 'Christian' (and what does that word mean today anyway?)are just beyond my comprehension. I just ignor it now.
Plus, I'd like to know what consevatives mean when they say 'christian'. Most mean a penal substitutionary attonment theory, which by the way, the founders did not hold to....
Cody has a B.A. in English, is currently an English Teacher, husband, and voracious reader and thinker, particularly when it comes to Theology and the future of Christianity.
Mari Phillips (D)
Mari has a B.A. in Theater Arts from TCU. She has 7 years of experience in finance and is a future mother. She happens to be married to Dustin Phillips another contributor.
Josh Childs (I)
Josh is completing his B.A. in Graphic Design, operates his owns design firm, and can make a guitar sing!
Dustin Phillips (I)
Dustin has a B.S. in Theology and an M.A. in Communications. He is a husband, Administrator, a "philosopher" of systemic power structures, and most importantly a father.
1 comment:
The conservatives who are bent on the mythologizing the nations history by calling it 'Christian' (and what does that word mean today anyway?)are just beyond my comprehension. I just ignor it now.
Plus, I'd like to know what consevatives mean when they say 'christian'. Most mean a penal substitutionary attonment theory, which by the way, the founders did not hold to....
Post a Comment