Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Guns, Freedom, and Ted Nugent?


Your thoughts please...

2 comments:

The Minute Men said...

I'll begin my thoughts backwards, from Nugent to Guns.

Nugent: I like the man as a former rocker and now a Gas Bag in chief of the NRA. If you have ever seen pictures of the man with guns it is alarming at times. He offers no real solutions to problems and is extreamly reactionary.

Freedom: I think the concept of freedom today has been touted and been inflated to whatever I feel like doing I can do. I think a good discussion on what freedom means and how it translates into indidual rights and behavior is needed. To many today do things in the name of 'freedom' that I personally wouldnt want to associate with.

Guns: I have no problem with individual citizens owning guns. I do think there should be strict laws on who gets the buy them. I also think that certain guns should be off limits; ie: AK 47 (I personally know someone who bouth one and fairly easily at that).

Its people like Ted Nugent, Rush Limbaugh and the Birthers movements that prevent any realy progress from taking place. It seems to be getting more difficult to find middle ground today...


and Dustin, offer a real opinion on this one, don just type in FREEDOM!

The Minute Men said...

sorry about all the typos in my comment. I was typing fast and trying to get out the door....