
Over the last month we have seen one politician (Sanford) fall from grace and another (Palin) step down from an elected position. The last month of news coverage has sealed the fate of the "media" in my mind. They have become the most asinine and debased institution in this country. Nothing valuable was said about each politicians predicament and as usual just blew smoke up America's ass.
I didn't know anything about Sanford before his love tryst in Argentina. What I learned after the story broke was that a man with copious amounts of power screwed up. I don't condone it but I don't think any of us can imagine the pressure and the lack of true accountability that goes with such a position of power.
I have never cared for Sarah Palin. The McCain campaign painted her as Laura Ingalls with spunk. She has given interviews with less than flattering results just as any one of us would probably do if we were on the road 6 days a week and being berated with attacks. I think Stanley Fish says it best when it comes to Palin's pain:
What say you?
5 comments:
Sarah Palin: in way over her head from the nanosecond she agreed to campaign with McCain. Not just as a VP candidate, but as a politician entire. Of course she's sick of the hassle of too much bad publicity. She's a hockey mom whose cush, budget-problem-free, out-of-the-limelight-because-no-one-cares-about-Alaska-anyway state job got out of control. And yes, she did sign up for it, Fish. Or did she not anticipate that national politics was going to be difficult for her and her family?
Sanford: Poor guy. He's the one who should have quit his job, long before disappearing over FATHER'S DAY with his poetic and beautiful love affair. But he does need to stop the lovesick drivel and save it for the book deal.
Wow, Mari. Well said. In response to the article: I don't think many people are doubting that Sarah palin really IS fed up with her job, or that Sanford really IS in love with that woman. What people are responding to is the fact that they are in public office. For Palin, get over yourself. You act like you're the only politician who's ever been made to suffer. It's called politics. I'm not sure what you did sign up for, but everyone knew a long time ago that you didn't know what you were doing. For Sanford, no one cares how epic your love for Maria or whatever her name is. We care that you are the latest in a long line of republicans that can't seem to stop fondling boys, other men, and other women. You're the latest poster boy for a party of people that cant seem to make hard decisions, or at the very least use your head instead of your emotions. That goes for Palin too, who's idea of leadership is pouting in front of the nation and walking out on her responsibilities to her constituents.
She's hot!
Post a Comment